The Holocaust and the Neo-Nazi Mythomania
© 1978, The Beate Klarsfeld Foundation
Previous Page Back  Contents  Contents Page 77 Home Page Home Page  Forward Next Page 
Notes pp. 7-8

Declaration of Knochen: "Sections IV (Gestapo) and V (Kripo) were placed under the direct authority of my assistant who was always a member of the Amt IV (Gestapo)"; "At the request of General Müller, the executive questions of my services were known only by my assistants, Lischka then Henschke. I did not meddle in their business". "Lischka was my permanent representative for Sections IV and V, by virtue of the detective force and the criminel [sic] investigation department". "Lischka handled the matters of Sections IV and V referring himself to General Oberg. Although the fact may appear strange, it is my representative Lischka who particularly took charge of matters concerning Section IV (Gestapo)."

From November 1943 to May 1945 Lischka, back in Berlin at the Headquarters of the Principal Office of Security of the Reich, which had been placed after the death of Heydrich under the direction of Kaltenbrunner, became one of the closest collaborators of the Chief of the Gestapo of the Reich, Heinrich Miller. Lischka directed Department IVB of the Gestapo of the Reich, the IV A being directed by Müller himself. Under Lischka's orders, there were civil servants of a higher rank than his.

After the attack against Hitler of July 20, 1944, Lischka belonged to the special commission in charge of investigating those officers suspected. Müller, Chief of the Gestapo, directed the commission which was composed of fifteen members. Lischka investigated the following cases: Generaloberst Hopner, who was hanged at the end of the inquiry, Oberstleutnant Sadroczinski (hanged), Hauptmann Klausing, Oberst Jager (hanged), Heusinger, Oberst Hahn (hanged), Oberst Hassel, Generalleutnant Thiele (hanged), Generalstabrichter Sack (hanged).

Lischka was tried by the Permanent Tribunal of the Armed Forces in Paris. On September 18, 1950, he was sentenced in absentia to perpetual hard labour.

He lives in Cologne at 554 Bergisch Gladbacher Str. Lischka officially retired in 1975 as agent (Prokurist) of the import export company "Krücken".

Lischka still remains unpunished. He held the prime responsibility for the deportations of the Jews from France. In 1971 Beate and Serge Klarsfeld attempted to kidnap him and bring him back to France. In 1974 the trial of Beate Klarsfeld which excited world wide interest brought to light the scandal of this impunity. In 1975 the Bundestag was obliged to ratify the Franco-German judiciary agreement, and Lischka is to be tried.

15. Höhne, p. 195

16. Aronson, p. 293


The Holocaust and the Neo-Nazi Mythomania
© 1978, The Beate Klarsfeld Foundation
Previous Page  Back Page 77 Forward  Next Page